Writer’s blog? We’re here to help!
Blogging is one of your most valuable marketing tools, helping to build trust, educate and raise brand awareness. But with so many blogs out there, how do you make yours stand out? There are some simple rules you can follow to get your content noticed, make it engaging, increase visitor numbers and get people returning for more.
- Understand your audience
The first thing you need to do, before you jump in head-first or if you’re staring into space with writer’s block, is to think about who you are writing for. Knowing your audience and providing answers that are relevant to them is the key to success for any business. Think about:
- The issues they face
- The information they need/want
- The tone of voice they will respond to
- Grab attention
There is so much online content these days, vying for our attention. Little wonder 55% of readers spend fewer than 15 seconds on a page. Make an instant impact by focusing on one specialist topic, and using a punchy title to draw people in.
- When you’re writing a blog, ask yourself: ‘is this useful or informative?’ Use enticing, descriptive language, such as ‘The ultimate guide…’ or ‘Three steps to..’
- Be succinct and make sure key information jumps out at the reader. Use headings, bullet points and images to break the blog up.
- Make the content search-engine friendly, by using keywords that people will be searching for. But use these wisely and avoid overloading the piece with them!
- Include a call to action
Make sure you include a call to action at the end of every post. Without this, customers who are interested in your products and services might not know what to do next. Encourage interaction as well, by asking visitors to add their feedback.
- Keep writing fantastic content!
One of the best ways to build a loyal audience is to blog regularly. That way people will learn to look out for it. Keep an eye on your web analytics and ensure your blog is working as well as it should be.
- Have fun!
It can be easy to forget to have fun when you’re trying to market your business. A light-hearted tone, and being yourself, will make your blogs more interesting to the reader.
Stuck for ideas for your blog? Or need help perfecting your content? We can help you make an impact with your audience and achieve real results. Get in touch for more information.