News & Insights
Read the latest news from us and our clients across the globe
Posted on 29 June 2023 by Ceris Burns
Noise-mapping specialist, SoundPLAN, has released version 9.0 of its world-leading software, SoundPLANnoise, for effective assessment and abatement of noise in buildings and outdoors.
SoundPLANnoise 9.0 has a range of new features to model levels and dispersion of noise, to help prevent its harmful effects. The software offers answers to every conceivable question in the fields of noise immission control, environmental acoustics and room acoustics. Whether it’s a construction study, transport and route planning, noise action plans, assessing open-air events, noise mapping or designing open-plan offices, the software provides the perfect solution.
Colour coded maps are created, which are very visual demonstrations of where noise comes from and how it spreads. This can be useful, especially when dealing with other planners or non-building professionals involved in the project. Using modeling, it is possible to show not only current noise levels but also projected ones. Planners can then test scenarios and assess the best options to reduce noise and protect workers and communities from its harmful effects.
The modular structure of the software allows users, quickly and easily, to adapt the program to their individual requirements. Engineers, state and local authorities, architects, concert venues, and universities all work with the effective noise software in a wide range of application areas.
SoundPLANnoise is always up to date, so that the calculations are based on the latest guidelines and standards. It is intuitive to use, enabling users to work efficiently, right through from modeling to the final graphical and tabular presentation of the results, so that goals can be reached efficiently.
New features in version 9.0 include:
• Fully updated user interface of the Geo-Database, where geospatial data is entered and manipulated, for a state-of-the-art user experience
• Assessment of the harmful effects of environmental noise (high annoyance, high sleep disturbance and ischaemic heart disease) according to EU2020/367
• Multiple new standards included like BEK nr 135:2019 (wind turbine), TNM 3.0 (traffic noise) and national adaptations of Common noise assessment methods in Europe (CNOSSOS-EU:2021) for strategic noise mapping
• Meshed map calculations for time efficient indoor noise predictions with SoundPLAN’s Sound Particle Model (SPD) to analyze and evaluate acoustic properties within rooms
• Auralization with multiple simultaneous sources and additional background noise
For more information about SoundPLANnoise 9.0 visit: www.soundplan.eu or email firstname.lastname@example.org